Saturday, 4 April 2015

Bits and bobs!


The garden is looking green and lush at the moment. I love the juxtaposition of my Buddha and Green Goddess, snuggled together in the ivy and rosemary.  It says a lot about my spiritual views :D
A few weeks ago it was my Birthday.  I'd been wanting to turn my old stepladder into a strawberry planter for a very long time but didn't know where to begin. So my dear man made this for me as a surprise.  I'm so happy with how super cute it looks and when the strawberries are tumbling down, safe from slugs and snails, I'll be even happier :D
The vegetable garden is full to the brim with lovely spinach.  The onions are coming up and I've been planting seeds and beans in little pots so that I have a good crop this year. 
I had some soft fruit plants for my Birthday, so that's a good amount of berries to look forward to.
The front garden is coming to life but every year I want to clear out the lawn and put down gravel.  I think it's just going to be too difficult and expensive for me to do though, so it's on the back burner for now.  I have plans for some raised beds for more beans, so maybe I'll chip away at the grass a little at a time :D
The long dog has been a big help, but nibbling the shoots off the Hydrangea was not appreciated.  I'm sure he thinks I've planted one of his sticks!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! The last suggestion made me laugh!...
    Living in a flat, I have no connection with earth and planting, except for the flowers in pots that I take care of throughout the whole year... That's why I find your post like an exciting story. Of course I know that everything needs efforts and hard work. I suppose your children help you!
    P.S. Please, share a pic of the strawberries, before you eat them!:D

    ReplyDelete