Thursday, 28 February 2013

Under the weather.

For quite some time now I've been very below par, picking up every bug and germ that's crossed my path.  I finally took myself to the Doctor and was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue, probably brought on by the many upheavals in my life.  Changes have to be made and sadly I've had to part with some of my animals in order to survive.

Something that's come out of this has been my return to reading for pleasure.  I've been forced to take time out for me and books have always brought me happiness but instead of reading biographies or training manuals, this time I'm losing myself in the fantasy world of The Woodwife, by Terri Windling.  I can't tell you how great it's been, getting to know these complex characters and sharing the rich, colourful world of the Rincon Mountains.  I feel very inspired to paint the images I see in my head when I'm reading and there are plenty to choose from at the moment :D

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I do wish you a very quick recovery! But, for now, enjoy your (underline that) time and allow yourself to rest - body and spirit. And enjoy the adventures within the digital (or otherwise) pages of those very wonderful books! Take care, sweet Yarrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope springtime and more lighter days give you a much needed boost. I also forget how reading is so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i am sorry :( as you know i have m.e and fibro and totally sympathise with you...take good care and enjoy the reading and i hope you start to feel better soon xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete