Saturday, 29 December 2012

Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas from the Holistic Home. It was a very quiet affair with some of us still recovering from assorted ailments, but I had time to make a few things to help it all feel special.
My favourite was the door wreath. I scented the little hearts and stars with cinnamon oil so that people coming to the door could enjoy the fragrance.
I don't normally indulge in Christmas lights, but this year I gave in and decorated my besom broom!
The Christmas tree this year was all in red, with more gingham hearts. It suited my mood :D















And Manchee decorated himself :D
He had so much fun with the wrapping paper and helped us all to open our presents!













While the kittens got on and played with everything they could. Honestly, I'm surprised the tree still looked as good as it did on Christmas day as it was wrecked that many times!













Unfortunately, there were a few breakages, like my Laura Ashley storm lamp and a very nice pie dish that someone (Piper) knocked onto the floor, but other than that it was a gentle, homely  time and we couldn't have asked for better :D

I hope all my lovely blogging friends had a special holiday too and I wish us all a very happy and prosperous New Year.x

2 comments:

  1. You are a great artist, is very beautiful, congratulations. Kisses from Spain.

    http://redecoratelg.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had blessed holidays and hope everyone has recuperated nicely for all of the wonderful prospects of 2013!

    It looks like you have been blogging as much as I have lately - lol! Well, now comes the dreary days of middle winter where we all humker down in our blankets next to the fire, so I have promised myself I will reach out again into blogland so I can touch base with all of the amazing people from across the globe! Hope to see you back soon too!

    And, btw, Vivi-me is ready to go to Finland whenever you are ready to send her off! I appreciate you having her in your home! (Sent you an email too - thank you SO MUCH!)

    ReplyDelete