Monday, 3 September 2012

Growing your own food.

Quite a few years ago this book changed my whole outlook on life. The American farming industry and it's practices are dipped into, but not enough to dominate a thoroughly good read about turning your life on it's head. The writing is engaging, just like sitting down for a cuppa with a good friend and discussing the problems of the world!



So why am I mentioning this now? Well, I was looking for a companion for the little chick below and have been offered some meat birds to grow on.



Hmmmm.... I'm not sure how I feel about this, as there are so many issues to consider, the biggest one being at the end of the project!!! I'm such a softie, but I do feel that we should be able to look at where our food comes from and be happy with the process it went through to get to us.

So what would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment