Thursday, 2 August 2012

Painting!

The Dining room/Studio has begun it's makeover!
As you can see from this first coat of paint, the blue walls didn't want to go away in a hurry!



After 4 coats of cream paint I added the Windling Trees. The sunlight is responsible for the inconsistant colour here.


This is a clearer view of the cream colour with an antique white for the trees!


Originally, I was just going to paint these two trees in one corner, but got carried away and put trees on all of the walls,


linking the branches over the doorways. This isn't a great picture as not all of the tiny twigs are showing, but you get the idea!


Manchee found it all just too exhausting and had to lie down on an old James Dean bedsheet (junk shop find!!!).


My beautiful Larry Mc.Dougall print looks amazing against the new background :D


And a quick picture of Finn, looking so grown up and handsome :D

5 comments:

  1. Your windling trees are lovely Yarrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you DW, well worth the effort, I think :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your winding trees are beautiful! I am certain your room will be enchanting - is there an ETA as to when it might be done?

    (BTW - I am worried that Vivi-me has been naughty as I haven't heard from her for awhile. Turth be told, I rather like knowing she is enjoying herself at your home, so if she is behaving, I am in no hurry for her to travel on. I rather like the thought of her holidaying in England for a spell! Thanks!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOh i love it, your windling trees look perfect, such a beautiful effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha reminds me of myself;-) Obviously ginger but my last name is.... yup Finn.

    ReplyDelete